Recipe = vegan
A delicious vegan and gluten-free recipe ready in 20 minutes with only 7 ingredients.
You can replace the rice noodles with regular rice and the carrots with whatever vegetables you want, depending on what you have on hand.
• 150 g rice noodles
• 500 ml of water
• 3 carrots (cut into julienne)
• 1 tempeh
• 125 ml vegetable stock
• 2 teaspoons. sesame oil
• 3 tablespoons. maple syrup
• 2 teaspoons. sesame seeds
• 2 teaspoons. tamari sauce (optional)
• sliced spring onions
• fresh coriander
• Cook noodles according to the directions on the package.
• Cut the tempeh into cubes and put it in a sauté pan with the water and vegetable stock and boil it.
• Reduce the heat, add the sesame oil, maple syrup and sesame seeds. Simmer for about ten minutes until the liquid is completely absorbed and the tempeh becomes slightly sticky.
• Optional: deglaze the tempeh with 2 tbsp. tablespoon of tamari (or soy sauce) over high heat before serving.
• Put everything in a bowl or deep plate and garnish with toppings of your choice.
Recipe and picture: